Wednesday, February 22, 2012

one more crochet hat


























So it is February and winter is still here in full force.  I noticed my older son's knit hats were riding up and exposing his ear lobes to the cold wind so I made him another hat.  I crocheted a green one that covered his ears and back of neck.  I made a slightly different one for his baby brother.  I didn't follow a specific pattern but started out with double crochet and ended up with single crochet to make it more dense on the ears and neck.  Once again I used the same youtube videos to help me get started as I did in my other hat project.

This time it took me three tries to get the right size and I kept trying on the hat on my son as I made it.  He was sleeping at the time, but I knew it might be a struggle to get a three year old toddler to cooperate during the day.  By the time he woke up, he had a brand new hat with a pom pom, which he loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment